Top Shelf Aquatics

Eclipse 1 Hood w/ 96W PC/NO inc. Bulbs

blulegend

This is a heavily modified, 6 month-old Eclipse 1 hood/canopy. Fits a tank dimension of 10x20" or a standard 10 gallon or a 15 gallon tall.

Lighting:

2 32W CSL ballasts and reflectors

1 32W overdriven NO with ballast (electronic)

All fit into the modified light hood with acrylic cover. Below is a picture of the lighting.

Cooling:

Dual fans ventilate the lights

Canopy/filter:

Modified to put macroalgae in the filter area. The side of the filter area has been changed to clear acrylic so light from the light hood grows the algae. This serves as a mini refugium.

Pump:

The standard eclipse pump will also be included for circulation in the mini refugium.

I will include all my PC bulbs:

1) 2 10,000K CSL 32W bulbs

2) 2 50/50 (10,000K/Ultra-Actinic) CSL 32W bulbs

3) 1 Ultra-Actinic CSL 32W bulb

Also included is a Coralife Actinic 03 18" NO bulb used in the overdrive. This bulb runs much cooler than each PC bulb and appears like a VHO actinic. It runs at about 32W. People usually get 9-12 months out of this overdrive technique.

Average bulb age is 2 months.

The PC lighting has a switch for each PC bulb so you can turn them off manually if needed. Each bulb, PC and NO, has their own plug and ballast for dusk/dawn timing. The bio-wheel has been removed and a piece of sponge can be placed in the compartment to prevent any macroalgae clippings from entering the main tank, yet still lets pods fall back into the tank.

Asking price is $140 plus shipping or can be picked up.

Cost me roughly $280. $50 for each CSL retrokit, $20 for the NO ballast, and $20 for each bulb (two 50/50 bulbs came with kits), $20 for the fans and adapter, $60 for the original canopy itself. Work hours put into the mods not counted.

I love the setup, however I will be upgrading to a 29 gallon soon and the canopy will be of no more use.

Livestock kept under this setup:

2 Green BTAs (they split form one)

1 Bird's Nest acro frag (grew about 1 cm from 2 cm frag)

1 Red sea Xenia frag (started about about 0.5 cm and has grown huge)

Montipora Cap. frag. (turned pink from a brown frag)

Candy-cane coral (grew new head)

Green star polyps

Yellow polyps

Mushrooms

Green ricordia

Maroon clown

Six-line wrasse

3" Squamosa clam

attachment.php?s=&postid=39749

Here you go.

This picture shows the top of the hood closed. You can see the two switches that control the PC lamps to the left.

The tank looks dim because only the actinic is on.

This one shows the back of the hood open. You can see the nice fit everything has.

The macro algae goes in the middle section and a sponge is on the right where the bio-wheel normally goes.

You can kind of see the clear wall that allows light into the refugium.

In this picture you can see the refugium area better.

I used to fit a small protein skimmer on the section closest to the camera. The collection cup fit nicely in here.

Missing in this picture is the original pump. I drilled this tank and no longer use the refugium I made on the top.

Originally posted by denversps

Since this is all used the most I'd offer is $100 shipped.  No worries if this isn't enough for you - it is just what I value it at. Good luck.

I've been offered $110 shipped so far. Hope he doesn't back down. You willing to pay that much in case he does?

I already went ahead and bought another retro fitted hood for my tank for $60.

I may be interested if you'd take my original offer of $90 shipped to set up a future tank.

If not good luck - hope your other buyer doesn't back out now because I've already got mine.

Archived