Coral Vue Hydros

mushrooms

zooyork0710

zooyork0710

I just put a group of mushrooms already attched to lr in my tank about 4-5 days ago. yesterday i noticed my red mushroom had a small white stripe/spot on it. is it dying?need more light or less? just stressed? anything will help. just so i have some sord of heads up. thanks.

jenniebutterfly

it is hard to say, some mushrooms have stripes or dots, and they are not always uniform. i would not worry about it, unless the shroom is not opening, but if you can post a pic that would help. i have had one colony of red shrooms for about a year now, one of them suddenly got blue spots on it like 4 months ago, it has since produced a few babies that are all red right now, so i am wondering when they will get their spots.

zooyork0710

i sure hope its nothing to worry about. its one of the biggest in the colony. there are two babies next to it and they seem fine. its just that one that has the spots/stripes. they are kinda low in the tank, is that ok? about 4 1/2 inches up. there's 68W. its cool to hear yours are growing and blossoming. any other help would be great. thanks.

zooyork0710

hey thanks alot jen. i hope your're right. i think they just need to finish adapting. everything else is good. my false perc's got a pin drop white dot on his tail. its not spreading. he's got great energy and eats normal. should i worry there?

Archived