ReefCleaners.org

Good book re fragging corals???

Bonster

calfo's is a very good book (Book of Coral Propagation) but the book lacks good pictures to show you the various procedures imo. he has very good ideas on system and environmental viewpoints.

garf's web site is actually very good. pics and mov files on the procedures. i can never move as easily and fluidly as she does tho. butterfingers! X) slimeyfingers, actually. :x

I agree with Tiny on using Garf's website. I had to prop some small xenias on to some tonga branch (Just to see if would look nice) and I watched the Garf short movie clip, and tah-dah I had myself a propagated xenia:D The only one I do have a question on is shrooms. I've cut them and now have the leftover stubs growing, but how do you prop the heads that were cut off??? I'll be trying the same xenia method in a few days to see if it works as well. I'll keep you posted.

Kimura, pin the shrooms down to some rock with mesh (I use the bridal veil material you can get at a Rag Shop-type store). It does take a while, as the shrooms have to grow new pedal disc attchments. In a few weeks, they should be done.

A better method I learned from someone here is to leave the shroom on the rock and slice one side from the mouth to the edge. After doing this, they will split on their own.

Hey Satchmo, that's exactly what I did with my xenia's. I'll probably end up doing that this week. I'm gonna try and place them on the same branch, but on a different limb as the xenias. How long would you say I should keep it there?

Yeah, I use the same method for xenia, they attach in less than a day. The shrooms are going to take much longer because you basically cut off their feet. Leave them there for 2 weeks maybe then check and see if they've attached yet.

Thanks Satchmo. I'll let it stay for a few weeks. I've been cutting and saving the heads in a small medicine cup inside the tank now, and so far I have about 7 heads to try and prop. Wish me luck.

Archived