Pod Your Reef

Micro Powerheads PERFECT for NanoReefs

Dave ESPI

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got the 200gph model. They have had magnet problems before, some rust. Mine the glue that held the magnet to the impeller lost grip and the magnet just spun. The company was quick to send me a replacement free.

For heat they produce verry little since the power supply is external (wall wort).

I've never had clogging realy, but every PH needs cleaned once in a while.

I have 2 in my tank and they are great! Hey adinsxq, I almost had to seek counsiling because of my damn RIO's, they suck especially if in a sump while driping kalk. If the power went off or when i did a water change, which requires turning the power off for a few minutes, the pumps would not kick back on. I cleaned them all the time and actually had to smack the pumps to get them to turn back on. Magdrive all the way:)

I had mine on my tank for about 4 months before the small medal rod that goes from the magnet to the propeller thing snapped in half and it stopped working. It also had problems with the case cracking and if the cord wasn't in the exact right position it wouldn't turn on. Also had rust comming out of it, but other than that it was a pretty good PH when it was working.

Originally posted by Wardo

I had mine on my tank for about 4 months before the small medal rod that goes from the magnet to the propeller thing snapped in half and it stopped working.  It also had problems with the case cracking and if the cord wasn't in the exact right position it wouldn't turn on.  Also had rust comming out of it, but other than that it was a pretty good PH when it was working.

ditto.

I have had at least 6 of them and all of them failed in a few months or less usually. Most common problem was the impeller magnet rusting and falling apart. The other was that like half of them had loose plastic/nozzles.

I gave up on them now. Ridiculous to have to replace them every month or two, and there tech support ignores me now :P

Reefer_Buddha

whats the alternative? Microjets? They clog up and lose 1/2 their power and via aqua's small ph's are about as reliable as rio's.

Archived