Coral Vue Hydros

Frogspawn?

New2NanoReefs

New2NanoReefs

I have taken interest in this coral. But there is a drawback, will their sweeper tenticles affect other corals that I may potentially keep in my 10G?Thank you for your patience:happy:

Typ in the searchbar, Frogspawn. Search it and learn more about it. It shouldn't be a problem though. Just get more than one opinion.

My branching frogspawn doesn't have long tentacles that I've seen. However, I took no chances. What I did, is I mounted it at the corner of my tank - where the flow pushes water away from all the other corals in my tank. This way even if its sweepers come out, they'll touch nothing but plexyglass.

they look for stuff to kill and spread there tentacles out just to hit stuff(at least mine does)...... little bastards. It's funny, but mine almost seemd like it wants to hit things.

the one I got my wife though (a white one that's actually white not bleached Woot Woot) is in a 10 gallon and it does just fine with the other corals. the 10 gallon she has isn't as packed full of coral as mine is, but still it doesn't seem to spread out like mine does.

the one in my tank has stung all kinds of stuff though, it's stung.... gsp, zoas, goniporia, merulina, shrooms, a bubble, It's probably stung almost 75% of the stuff in my tank. I've got him in a good spot now though where he can't really get anything ( I had to remove 5 corals to do it).

Oh yeah, and hammers do the same thing.

they are cool as hell though!!!!!!!!!!!! I would definately recommend getting one or maybe even two of them ;)

Archived