Pod Your Reef

Almost time to move my tank

ladyamanda

Well thanks to Printer, I have a pretty good idea what to do to safely move my tank to our new home, but I've hit a minor snag....

The Xenia has "migrated" off it's piece of LR, and is now firmly attached to the largest piece of LR on my tank! OOPS! Any ideas on how to safely move it?

I also have my feather duster now firmly attached to this same piece of Live Rock, as well as the ajescent piece of live rock....

OK, so how do I go about safely moving these guys? I really don't want to lose either in the move ...the move is only a 10-15 minute drive from my apartment, and I do have a cooler, baggies, and a water jug for the water, thank god it's only a seven gallon!

I moved my feather duster from one rock to another. It's sort of tricky though. Mine had sort of a clear tube near its tail that was attached to the rock. I could see the tail inside the tube, so I gently poked the worms tail with my finger, and it moved up into the tube a little bit. Then I just cut the tube from the rock, being carefult not to cut the worm inside.

Christopher Marks

Yea, just keep the LR that has corals attached to it underwater in a rubbermaid tub. Then the corals you can remove, place in tupperware containers so they don't get beat up, and set them inside the rubbermaid tub. Or, just use a 5 gallon bucket for the LR and do the same. Everything will be just fine for such a short move...like coming home from the LFS :)

Archived