Cultivated Reef

worried about wrasse

gobygirl3

I want to add some specie of goby to my 12g and have a 6 line wrasse but worry that he will be too aggressive after watching him pester and steal food from my cleaner shrimp constantly, he also pecks around at my corals more than I would like.

I have decided to trade the wrasse back into my lfs, since he is so aggressive at feeding time.I am trading for a pair of sexy shrimps.

yes and I cant figure it out, every thing I read says that 6 liners are nice fish, and I love his colors but he is really picking on my shrimp and I want some anemone shrimps so I have to get rid of him because I dont want him to eat them.

What kind of shrimp are your 6-line picking on? I personally would let him be. If you have 2 clowns AND the 6-line you are pushing it in your 12 gal as it is. Get a skunk shrimp and you will be fine, any smaller shrimp shouldn't be with those fish anyway.

No I dont have the clowns yet, I have purchased them but they are being held in a friends tank until I trade back in the wrasse, it is a skunk shrimp he is picking on and he nips at my corals constantly, he is not hungry, I feed him until his belly is fat every day.He is just bored I think.

Wow, thats surprising. I added mine to my tank and almost immediately, he was hanging out in the same rock as my Bicolor blenny. He hangs out with the shrimp, and if I sit back and observe, my tomato clown, blenny, and wrasse all hang out within 6-12" of each other almost all the time. I guess I got lucky.

Archived