Top Shelf Aquatics

Stock for 12g JBJ nanocube

biodork

Greetings. I have a 4 month-old 12g JBJ set up with the stock lighting, filtration and powerhead, etc. Started with live sand and live rock. Have about 10 lbs live rock (adding little by little now when I see stuff I like) and 1.5-2 inches live sand. Everything seems to be going well. I have the following stock:

baby 6-line wrasse (about 1 inch long snout to tail)

hi fin banded shrimp goby (stonogobiops nematodes)

peppermint shrimp

red crab (about .75 inches wide)

star polyps, snowflake polyps, other various polyps

a sponge (came with the rock, doing very well, about the diameter of a nickel)

some small bubble algea (not out of control, yet)

I am considering adding two baby true perculas. They are less than an inch long each. Everything else in the tank is doing very well. Everything is growing well. Am wondering if you think the two perculas would be too much? The idea is once the goby and/or wrasse is too big, I will trade one or both back. What do you think?

I will be purchasing the percs from a local marine aquarium society member. If they get too big, I will most likely be able to find another home for them with someone in the club, or hopefully by the time they get too big, a year or so, I will have a bigger tank (even better) :)

edit: I do 10-20% water changes every weekend with pre-mixed salt water from the lfs.

Archived