Innovative Marine Aquariums

2 idz plz

totalnewb

1: I have red bumps on a rock I got yesterday, they look like they have little branches and are all over the rock all kind of resamble each other, the rock is white so they stand right out.

Algae, good? bad?

13205redrock-med.jpg

2: I have 2 seethrough donut looking things, really tiny, not moving, just chilling on a rock, rock's new so they r hitch hikers:

13205donut2-med.jpg

What the heck are they?

jenniebutterfly

#1 are foraminiferans here is some info on them, btw they come in many colors :) just scroll down this page http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/pages/main_page...s/faq_rock3.htm

#2 are tiny feather duster tubes (probably Sabellid polychaetes), they are smaller than the hawaiian ones, not as small as the hard white ones (Serpulid polychaetes) you have though, so tigah was right there is also info on them in the above mentioned page :) jennifer

LessThanJaker1

i dont know what the second one is. but the other people who replied still don't see what you are trying to ID. it isn't the tubes. it's a clear looking donut in the middle of the pic. about the size of a quarter

jenniebutterfly

lessthan~ i see the clear looking donut in the center, it IS a tube worm, it may not be a duster, but that is what it is. i have themm in my tank as well.

Archived