inTank Media Baskets

Longest Running Tanks

kelp

Saw a post recently that mentioned a tank running good for a year and half and then crashing  because of evap problems.  What are some of the longer time periods you have had your tanks running?  Is a crash pretty mucha  wipe out of the entire tank?

Lunchbucket

i have had my nano running since Aug 17th of last year so about 10months.  but everything was taken from a 9 month old 55gal so everything has had plenty of time to get going.

Lunchbucket

my first nano (eclipse six) was started back in may 2000 and crashed after thanksgiving 2001 because of evaporation problems (that was me).  i was sick for five days and the water level was LOW when i got back.  most of the tank died (gold maxima, 1-percula, zoanthid, anenome, snails, hermits):sad:

i was able to salvage the other percula and eventually revive the other zoanthid colony whose offspring was transplanted back into my new nano (this time with makeup water drip for long weekends) since december 2001.

(Edited by tinyreef at 5:35 pm on July 4, 2002)

fishymissy

Hmmmm.......not real sure how to consider this. You decide.

My 20g has only been set up since January 2002, BUT, everything, water, rocks, corals, fish, snails, etc....came from the 29g that I have had running since October 2000. The only exception is the sandbed. In the 29g I had cc to start with. When we moved I decided to change tanks and substrate.......

Archived