ReefCleaners.org

xenia growing on my live rock?

achu

I've been suspecting that these teeny tiny "growths" on my live rock might be xenia. I've had the rock for a couple months now and I don't and haven't had have any xenia in the tank. What does everyone think? Is it xenia?

Sorry if the pic is a little blurred... they are really really tiny!

achu

I've had a lot of feather polyp growth off of fiji live rock, so that could be what it is. It depends on your rock. Feather polyps look a lot like xenia, cept they are individual polyps.

Thanks...

I guess these are the little surprises that makes having a reef tank so much fun! I'll have to wait patiently while they grow larger :)

In the meantime... Talking about patience...

Ask me how long I waited for this pic!!!

cmoreash - cute neon!

I took the pic while diving in Belize... those guys are quick and shy in the wild! It didn't help having that slight delay between pressing the button and the camera actually shooting the picture.... I don't normally notice that delay unless I'm diving.

After a few pictures of just coral, no neon... I hovered quite a long time over this coral to wait for the little guy to stay still....in otherwords... It took me one very very very long long long slow breath inwards while trying not to float away!

It is great practicing photography on my nano! LOL

achu

Archived