SaltCritters.com

Toad stool not opening up

Dazed1

I purchased a toad stool last wednesday. Accimilated it to the tank, and after a few hr's it bloomed like a flower. Almost ALL the tentacle's (?) were open and it looked nice. Then at the same time i had some brown algae bloom. So i added 3 snail's and 2 crab's to my already existing collection. I also reduced the amount of lighting from 16hrs to 12 hrs a day. Now the stool does not want to open, and no tentacle's are out :( . I scraped off the algae earlier today and will check it once i get back home.

Water condition's in terms of Ammonia, nitrIte's, and nitrAte's are 0. Salinity is at 1.025, temp is 80-82.

Any suggestion's ?

Here are 2 pic's of the stool from when I got it. I will post a follow up pic tommorow.

DSCF0017.JPG

Closeup of the stool : DSCF0015.JPG

give it some time to acclimate to its new setting (system, lights, inhabitants, etc.). i wouldn't point your PH directly at it tho (i can't tell from the pic). it may retract because of irritating little hermits that climb on it (little buggers) or fish that rub up and down on it (clown). : i agree with foogoo, it should be fine in a couple.

the time to worry is when it's totally slumped over and no polyps whatsoever are extended. it may even shed now that it's in a new environment (i.e. your tank).

Ok, i moved the position of the toad stool today after a water change (was due). Originally it did have the PH facing it almost direct which made it open. So did that as well.

My clown doesnt rub itself on the stool. The crab's at time do climb up, and the stool closes at a few edges. But otherwise it has been fine.

It has started to re-open and I guess its just getting used to the new light schedule.

Archived