Pod Your Reef

How to Capture the Killer Damsel

budask8r

OK, my yellow tail damsel killed the clown that was in my 24 gallon with him. My plan had been to get the damsel out, but my lfs guy told me he'd be ok.

Obviously he wasnt.

Anyways, so what should be the best way to capture him? He's freaking fast so I can't net him (even in the middle of the night)

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Here is what i do to catch my fish if needed...must be done at night

First turn out all the lights on the tank and in the room.

Second get a flash light and shine it into the tank..shine it pretty close so the light is focused on one area. i like to shine my light on the sand.

Third wait for the fish to come to the light usually doesnt take long. (they are very curious)

Fourth move the light to a few different places so that the fish start following the light that your shining into the tank...kinda funny to watch them follow the light.

Fifth once the fish are following the light gently place the net into the tank and basically sneak up behind the fish VERY SLOW and gently get them into the net and BAM you got em...this works everytime for me they are usually so amazed with the light that they dont care they are in a net

Basically fish are curious about the light and do not pay attention to what's going on behind them so they dont swim away...the only trick is catching the fish you want because usually all my fish want near the light.

good luck

Archived