SaltCritters.com

Yellow Polyps

SBGRAD24

What type of water flow do you subject these guys to? I have read contradicting info from different sources. Also, when I set the polyp rock in the tank my emerald crab came running out of hiding and plucked one right off the rock. I don't think he ate it, but do they normally eat polyps?

these polyps do good in low to medium flow...nothing to high...it will be obvious if they are getting to much flow beause they wont open up. the emerald crab i have no idea why it did that

Guest AbSoluTc

You know, I had the same situation with my new colony of yellow polyps.

My snails and my emerald crab came running over to "sniff" the new addition.  Kinda like what dogs do :)

Anyways, I was getting ready to kill him for plucking a yellow polyp off, but as I looked closer, there was some macros on the rock that I did not see.  He was plucking at that and accidentaly picked up a polyp.  Now, I really don't care if he does this, or anything like it, because if you think about it, what happens when he drops it?  The polyp will eventually settle at the foot of a rock and start up another colony! Let nature have fun!

Archived