Innovative Marine Aquariums

How Long Does RO/DI water stay good for?

Djm9288

Actually, there was another thread on this....rodi shelf life ..but, unfortunately, I think I was the only one who replied. I, since then, have done a little research on it, without too much luck. It seems the general consensus in an air tight container is somewhere between a year and two years. Obviously, if there is any contaminents in the water and it is not airtight, the evaporation will make the contaminents that much higher in percentage of volume. I've never seen the need to have on hand more than two weeks worth of rodi water. How much are you producing anyway?;)

I have asked the same question on reefs.org several months ago an dreceived the same info as above. If there are no impuities in th econtainer, if it is closed with little air for evap to occur, there is no reason for it to go bad at all. Think of a sealed one gallon bottle of purified sping water. Does it ever go bad? I bet the military are experts at this.

Djm9288 asked a good question...

How Long Does RO/DI water stay good for? Just like in a gallon jug?

Just my .02 cents since I was roped into this thread fer no apparent reason....

RODI filters make 99.9 % pure H2O......

no contaminates

no metals

no trace elements

no pesticides

praticaly no bacterium

PROVIDED it is of good quality and the filter containers are not exhausted.

soooooo Id say provided you container was sterile and light proof (if not translucent),and the lid was tight ..... oooooohhhh say

like at LEAST 20 years..... give or take the fact that the water will taste stale from O2 depletion, lest ya shake it..... or the bottle is vaccume sealed. ;)

Archived