Coral Vue Hydros

Lighting/tank size matched with corals

printerdown01

printerdown01

check it out, let me know if there is anything you guys want to add... feel free to give me as much imput as you want!! It is quite a bald list, and would certainly benifit from more tank experiances (especially from people with 5 and 15 gallon tanks!!). -Thanks a lot for all of your guy's help!

http://www.geocities.com/printerdown01/lig...g.n.corals.html

(Edited by printerdown01 at 12:35 am on June 8, 2002)

reef hugger

thanks for doing the poll and posting the results. this should help alot of people make their coral selection easier. it is going to help me as to what could be keep with a 32w smartlite in my 10gal.

now if you could only get rid of that d*mn geocites popup. ;)

printerdown01

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I can't stand those things!! not only that they have some weird problem right now, and there are some disfunctional ones at the bottom of some of my pages ;). VERY annoying!

I asked my LFS guy today if SPS could be kept in a 12 with 2x32 watt PCs, and he said no.   But on your list, you mention birdsnest and stuff....  So what's the deal?  I really want to know if I would be able to keep SPS. You have seen this done with 32 watt PCs?  Very helpful site, BTW.  I'm just trying to sort out these conflicting opinions.

(Edited by Korbin at 10:24 pm on June 7, 2002)

Korbin, it is possible to keep sps under that lighting. look at deezreef under the members section. he has 2 different setups so look at them both. now this is definately going to take some expierience as it cannot be done by just anyone. check it out and it might be right for you.

Oops.  Quick question.  Is a 32 watt PC light with a white and actinic bulb considered 2x32 watts?  I mean, is each bulb 32 watts, or the whole setup?

no no no....sorry yeah 64....but the supernoava32 is a single bulb meaning it puts out 32 watts and it is a1 bulb that puts out both actinic and daylight. this would be 1x32.

if you added two of these however it would be 2x32. the 2x32w means that you have 2 seperate bulbs. although pcs look like two bulbs because of the side by side bulb u shape it is only one bulb.

Archived