inTank Media Baskets

LOA Mod...

Man-grove2

Guest AbSoluTc

You might want to do the following..

1 - turn the fan around.

2 - Make the holes bigger.

As it stands, your getting less than half of the air circulation you can with that fan. Holes are too small. Besides, you don't want it blowing in. You want it blowing OUT.

Nice job tho.

Originally posted by AbSoluTc

You might want to do the following..

1 - turn the fan around.

2 - Make the holes bigger.

As it stands, your getting less than half of the air circulation you can with that fan.  Holes are too small.  Besides, you don't want it blowing in.  You want it blowing OUT.

Nice job tho.

It is blowing out.. :) Good point on the holes though. Since the LOA is a cheap, dirty, fast, (like I like my women... uggghhh wife was too close ;) ) throw-together DIY I figure the cooling oughta be the same. :D

I would guess that your fan is only working at 50% of its rating or worse given the size of the perforations. Sucking cool air in is fine as long as you have the same sized hole to allow the warm pressurized air to escape on the other side. That is the reason that most lights have a fan pulling cool air in and another sucking hot air out. I haven't looked at the heat dissipation characteristics of these hoods but I would guess that most of the heat is caught in the channel created by the reflector above the lights. You need to push that air across and out the other side.

Archived