Top Shelf Aquatics

whats this?

jenniebutterfly

jenniebutterfly

i have asked for an id on this before. then it was between some zoos, i fragged it out, and glued it to a new rock, and now it opens like this. it is small. when closed up it is about the size of a pencil eraser. when fully open it is no bigger than a dime. it catches brine, and i thought it was a shroom, but i still am not sure. any ideas?

9765fishy_2431.jpg

jenniebutterfly

i really do not think it is an anemone. my lighting is not really strong enough, and i have had this for about a year. i cannot tell if it has a skeleton because it is so small. here is a pic of it when i asked what it was before

9765fishy_2231.jpg and this is still the same size as it was, it just opens up better now that it is not near the zoos. and yes those are regular zoos, not palys

jenniebutterfly

i wish it would get bigger so i could get a better pic. it would be cool if it were something uncommon lol. it is just so tiny. grow grow grow little thing lol. i will try to get some more pics of it open and closed and stuff to get a better idea of how different it looks at different times

jenniebutterfly

i still have no clue, i hope it is an elegance, that would be cool to grow one from this size, and seeing as to how they don't fare to well in a home aquarium, and this one has been with me for a year i could be on the right path to keeping it. it has gotten a lot happier since i took it out of all the zoos, it stays open all the time, when it was with the zoos it never opened, i always assumed it was a kind of sponge or something. i went to my lfs today to see if they had any, and the only one they had was mush, looks like it died yesterday and they still have not taken it out. i was wanting them to make it close up so i could see it and compare it to mine. so if anyone has an elegance and could do that and snap a pic i would appreciate it. mine looks like it has about 4 or 5 mouths on it, again it is so small it is hard to tell :) jennifer

jenniebutterfly

ok, so i pulled it out today when some coral got knocked over, i gently touched the top of it, and the sides, and it does feel like it has a skeletal structure. so not a softie or anemone. :) jen

Archived