Top Shelf Aquatics

Finally ready to get started. Thoughts suggestions?

willmsbrg

Hello,

I am setting up a 20 gallon high tank and wanted to get a few opinions.

I will be using the following:

Remora C Skimmer (maxijet 1200)

Maxijet 600 for circulation.

Visitherm 100Watt heater

Formosa DX 55W 2-24" fixture with a 10,000k Daylight and 7100K Actinic Blue

I will be getting approx. 35lbs of live rock from either Palmettoreef, GulfView or Harbouraquatics. Haven't decided which yet..

I was planning on a 2" (southdown) bed and getting several lbs. of live sand for seeding..

I am not completely sure what I plan to keep once this is complete and cycled. With the lighting listed above what areas might I be able to deal with as to softies and such.. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions..

??? :|

I have a 20H with the same lighting. I would add at least one more PH for counter current. The lighting is adequate to do just about anything except sps. My 20 is only been up and running for about three months(post cycle). I have, so far, open brain, yellow polyps, bubble and green branching hammer. All have shown growth and are doing well(with the exception of the brain, I've only had it a few days so we'll see). Sounds like your going about it right. ;)

Thanks for the input.. I was considering an additional powerhead for the counter current..

Nice to know I can do almost anything as to light goes.. as this is my first one I will be taking plenty of time to make sure it is working and doing well before adding alot yet!

???

Archived