Coral Vue Hydros

Gsp Problem!?!?!?

patio

i've had my gsp for about 2 months and they are great and growing well. but i was looking at my tank today and noticed little differences in the two frags that i have. one has a white dot in the middle and the green isnt as intense as the other also this one has 7 arms second one is SUPER green, and has little hairs on the side of each arm, this one has 6 arms.

does any one know what they are?

thanks!

There are 2 straings of GSP. One is the more flower oriented style, almost like daisy polyps. The other is the long flowing but more neon colored gsp. You'll notice the more flower-based gsp has a purple mat , while the neon has a pale almost light blue mat.

diydude- YOU just answered the question ive been looking for the longest time! thank you! it all makes sense now- everytime i see the long flowing GSP, their base is grayish blue, while the one i have is a dark purple (dammit) and looks like little brown daisies... how could i get so lucky?

thanks again.

My GSP is exactly like yours Audiocontrol. I don't think its defective at all. Classifying GSP into two types is like saying there are two types of apples, red and green, discounting all the color/growth morphs in the middle.

I have seen purple based GSP with neon green, lime, brown, tan, and white polyps. Same with the lighter based GSP. Check on Farms of the Sea occasionally. Blane has some crazy color morphs!

edit: also the label "GSP" is a little too general in my opinion, as some of these may be completly different species.

edit: also the label "GSP" is a little too general in my opinion, as some of these may be completly different species. [/b]

Yes, as there are GSP, and BSP, hehe

Archived