Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zoanthids HELP!

RetrO DYN

I have had my Zoos in my tank for a month now and there is this one colonie that didnt opend for like 2 days now and it looks kinda weird like there stuff growing on it? Can somebody help me to solve this thing. Also, all my other zoos are fine and happy..X)

The fungus as I understand can suffocate your zoos or keep them closed up for so long they don't open up to get food. Get a very very soft brush and brush it off in another container...then look into anti fungal for corals.

Yeah i thought i saw some clear stuff covering my zoos so i used tweezers to take the clear part off.. i hope dat works? im going to call up my LSF tomorrow and ask for more help... i dont want to lose my main colony.. Thanks for all the help!

zoos actually like pretty high flow - try moving them to a high flow area.

Also, it's a good idea to "dip" your zoos when you get a new colony. A good dip I use is 5 gallons of freshwater (dechlorinated and adjusted for temp and ph), and 4 or 5 drops of lugols solution. I put my zoos in this for about 5 minutes. The iodine(lugols) helps treat fungus and the freshwater kill any predatory nudi's.

Archived