SaltCritters.com

3.5 Nano PICs

JROC

After a 55g and a 200g, I have stepped-up to this 3.5 gallon nano!

It is amazing how much fun it is...and it is only three weeks old! Not much to see really so far, and I need a mega-pixel digi cam! But hope you enjoy anyway!

Here is what we have so far:

3.5 Gallon Diamond Hex with Mirror Back Panels

1 117GPH Mini Jet

2.5 lbs LR (more to come)

2-3 inch "DSB" / LS

1 JBJ 18watt 50/50 PC

1 13watt daylight

3 bumble bee snails

Love to hear any comments or suggestions!

jr_0602_1.jpg

jr_0602_2.jpg

jr_0602_4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
NaNO ReeFiN

Wow, what a nice setup you have so far. Even thought they're not nanos, think you can post a couple pics of your other tanks as well...? :)

Jay Fortay

cool little tank...and yucan havee anything with that much light :)   would also like to seesome pics of the larger tanks

side note...Hey chris, Reef Central has a little space on its board for Nanos, you should have a little space for bigger reef tanks.  I think a lot of people are keeping a range of sizes.  Because that's how it works right?  You get one large tank and another large tank...and they reproduce to make a smaller, more chalenging tank.  Just like a real baby.  Speaking of babies my Girlfriend just got the cutest puppy :) let me know if you all want to see a pic of the puppy :)

rhinoivory

Hey! Great tank JROC!!!! I really like the branching live rock, keep us posted!!!

BTW, what type of corals are you planning to have?

Don

Hey nice tank!  Very cool size!

I really like the rocks.  My LFS says this type is really good for nitrate reduction.

What kind of corals are you going to stock it with?

You could use the longer branches to create ledges and bridges, a whole bunch of button polpys or mushrooms growing along it would look very cool!

I really like the setup you got there.

Keep us updated.

Also; you say its been running for about 6 weeks, how much coralline algae growth have you seen?

My tank has been running for that amount of time also and I am seeing growth of dark red coralline algae, and some purple ones as well.

fishymissy

You're off to a nice start! I like the branching rock too......what do you plan on keeping in there?

These little tanks are alot of fun to work with, but as mentioned before, I would like to see your other tanks too! Maybe posted in the Lounge would be a good idea.

Hey Jay~ post a pic of the puppy there too!!

Archived