Coral Vue Hydros

Clown in JBJ Nano...

FloorLord

Hi there,

I have a true perc, who is extremely healthy, no ich, or anything, however, it seems like evertime I pop on my lights in the morning, he goes crazy, darting around the tank, running into things, and his face looks a lil white, after a little bit, he looks, and swims fine tho????? Also, he likes to jump into the back compartment just about every other morning or so. Anyone have any suggestions?

thanx,

Dane

yeah, I have a few mods done to the back, so I can't really put the sponges on top, altho that is a killer idea, I just read on another post, that possibly it's jus to bright right away, I guess I will fire up the T5's for a lil bit in the morning, before turning the 50/50's on.

How much light do you have anyways ?

My clowns aren't skittish. And I sometimes blast them with a flashlight in the middle of the night. They just say "hi, how ya doin ?"

I jus have the stock DX lighting, but I added 2 T5's.

he keeps hopping into the back in the morning, guess he is like me, and does not like to be woken up!

Dane

Originally posted by FloorLord

I jus have the stock DX lighting, but I added 2 T5's.

he keeps hopping into the back in the morning, guess he is like me, and does not like to be woken up!  

Dane

how's that working out with the two T5's. Actinics yes? How's the temperature with adding those. Seen much of a difference? As far as firing up the T5's first as a morning time light, is a good idea, he should get accustomed to it, and not freak out all the time. Stress is not something he should be getting daily as it'll lead to ick or death. Hope everything works out man.

yes, actinic!

they work great, as far as a difference, I do not run them when the reg. 50/50's on, only @ night and in the morning, as far as temp. goes, I have never had a prob, altho, if you do run them all day, it does differ, by a few degrees.

As far as the clown goes, as soon as I have time to fish his a$$ out of my filter comp. he is going back to the LFS, for another Trimma Goby!!!!! lol.

Dane

Archived