Pod Your Reef

Nudibrach or sea slug ID?

stellablu

My LFS gave me these two fellas for free...they didn't know what they were. I found them hanging out in the anemone tank.

They are green, have frills, pink rhinophores, and pink(or white) spots....

I took these pictures while they were still in the bag thankfully because, of course, as soon as I put them in the tank they made themselves at home in the greenery. Leaving them nowhere to be seen for a better picture...

DSCN2766.jpg

DSCN2762.jpg

Anyone have an ID for me?

Thanks!

I responded to your other post in the invert forum I belive...

And why zoos, floorlord? They have such specific diet requirements I wouldnt be worried for anything other than the nudis themselves.

No.... whatever species of nudi is adapted to eat zoos does that. There are tens of thousands of species of nudis.

The reason people often have zoo/nudi problems is becuase the wild colonies often come in with the nudis that were feeding on them there, and then the nudis spread with frags.

There are tens of thousands of species of nudis.

Goodness, is there ever. I perused seaslugforum.net for a species match to no avail...and I looked through at least 150 pictures with hundreds more yet to go through!

I don't have any corals yet, so I'm not worried about it. However, I am concerned about my powerhead...errrm. :*(

the pic u have showed, looks exactly like the nudi's I have found on my Polyp Rocks, EXACTLY. I'm sure that there is a million different kinds

just my 2 cents!

Dane

Archived