Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bi colored angel in a nano

Sergeant-G

I am just curious, would this fish be ok in a 20 gallon. I ask because I trust that you guys wont guide me in the wrong direction. I looked at the description on liveaquaria and they said a minimum of thirty gallons but they have that on a few fish I see people keeping here. I know that you have to keep an eye on them but I was just wondering.

Casey

I'm gonna have to say definitely not for the bi-color. There's multiple reasons, but I'll just touch on the most important one.

They have an absolute dismal survival rate. I've found this out first hand. But on top of that, they're much too large for a 20 gallon tank.

I think if you really wanted a good chance at keeping one alive, you'd probably need at least a 100 gallon tank that has matured for over a year, but that's just a guess on my part.

Ok I'll add one more thing, lol. They would decimate your corals in a small tank, I'm pretty sure they're notorious at nipping soft corals, clams, and LPS.

A better choice would be a cherub angel, as they're hardy, and are generally reef safe as far as angels go. They also stay under 3".

Archived