SaltCritters.com

On-line Suppliers

threeiron

I am looking for general input on online suppliers. I would like to find out about any online supplier of livestock that you have ordered from and had good experience with. I noticed that there is quite a variance in livestock variety depeding on the supplier, so I am trying to expand my list of suppliers.

To start out, I have ordered from fishsupply.com and had good experience with them. I ordered from ffexpress.com and had only OK experience, but it was due to DHL screwing up the delivery.

So far, I've ordered just about everything I have (except cleanup crew) from www.palmettoreefs.com. Palmetto is a member of the forums here (think he's in South Carolina). I saw a post of his, went to his website, liked what I saw, and ordered from him.

The live rock & sand I got from him cycled in about 7 days - it was really fresh.

Seems like his customer base is relatively small (although he can order anything), which means he has the time to answer questions via email. I believe him to be honest & very helpful, and he won't sell you anything you don't need, or that won't do well in your reef.

I'd recommend him to anyone.

Ross

if only he would get more of those purple ricordias in stock. Damn they are hot.

Try premiumaquatics.com (email cory@premiumaquatics.com) for live and dry goods.

Marine depot is good as weel (link is on this site).

Also ipsf.com for sandbed and refugium stuff.

Inlandquatics.com has nice stuff as well.

I'm sure if you do a search on this site you will find a ton of places.

i agree with crakeur on marine depot, very good customer service.

championlighting.com has very good pricing.

custom aquatics (sponsor) has very good pricing at times (specials on goods). their web site's a little difficult to navigate tho imo but very good order processing otherwise.

jeff's exoticfish.com is very good for livestock. he seems to get his stuff very fresh.

i've heard good about palmetto but haven't tried him yet. ;)

Well, it's not like I have a whole lot of experience or anything, but I am extremely happy with gulf-view.com for live rock. I don't know how they are for other livestock, but if I decided to buy any livestock online they'd probably be the first I'd try.

Archived