inTank Media Baskets

My first mushroom!

Hunter21

Hey guys... I went to this new LFS in my area that specializes in selling corals and frags...and I picked up a rock with a little patch of brown zoos and a pretty purplish blue mushroom on it. The guy at the LFS took the mushroom off the original rock and said place it on any rock that we want it on. We did that and as soon as it was on that rock..it started spreading out already and looked really good. I put in kent's phytoplex to feed my GSP's. I was wondering if the phytoplex is suitable for feeding the mushroom and the brown zoo's also? The guy also recommended a frozen bar called cyclop-eeze to feed the tank. I have a 12g. nanocube DX model that's been up and running for almost 2 monthes now. I also added 8 baby blue-legged hermits, 4 nassarius snails, 1 smail that was given to us by accident instead of another hermit, and 4 more lbs. of live rock (two small pieces) I was wondering if anyone uses cyclop-eeze and if they feel it helps boost the health and nutrients in their tanks? The guy ALSO recommended using salifert products. anyone used this brand or heard anything about it? right now..the hermits and snails are living on the many HUGE batches of green hair algae and the many copepods living in the tank. but I know sooner or later..I'm gonna have to give them something to live on. I feed my only fish, my royal gramma spectrum food pellets for small fish. The LFS I got him from fed him spectrum so he was used to that already. He does great on it too. but once i put those pellets in there...he eats everyone of them. so none float to the bottom for the hermies or snails to feed on (not sure if they would anyway) long story short... what to feed the mushroom and brown zoos...any used salifert products and is the cyclop-eeze small frozen bar worth getting? thanks so much for any advice I can get!!! take care! Hunter :)

cyclop-eeze is great stuff...just don't overfeed the tank :) As one nano reefer once said...fish poop is both your best friend and your worst enemy.

how do you figure I don't really need to feed any of the corals BK? thanks potus....the guy at one of my lfs that actually recommended cyclop-eeze to me said to only put a tiny shaving of it in the tank... since I have such a small tank and it's a lot. also...I was told ( but haven't tried it yet) to do a coral feeding cap for the mushroom and the tiny polyp rock to put a small bottle over them and turn off the filters for a couple minutes and just let them eat the small bits from the frozen bar...heard of anything like this? I didn't actually get the bar..I've just been using the kent phytoplex till I get enough info on this bar and hear some actual experience from others before buying it and trying anything! any suggestions would be great! thanks Hunter

but they have to eat something right? I know they get nutrients from light or something but the last thing I want is dead corals because I didn't feed them! lol :) Hunter

Archived