Top Shelf Aquatics

Copperband? Racoon? Nano Safe??

second2n0ne

Dillema:

I have an 18gal stocked with brown polyps, an unidentified leather, various zoo's, star polyps, bubble tip anenome, a single true perc, and a coral banded shrimp.

I have aiptasia.

Adding a peppermint shrimp to control aiptasia is out of the question because of the coral banded...or is it? Racoon or Copperbands may eat my polyps...or will they get too big for my nano? There are many aiptasia in small crevices where I could not possibly reach with a dropper or syringe to treat with chemicals.

Anyone have any suggestions? I know this is a tired topic and appreciate any input.

Copperbands get too big to keep for long- sometimes I see tiny ones, though.

You could get a baby and pass him on to the next infested reefer when you are clean.

I have not kept Coral Bandeds with Peps, so I dunno about that one.

Even if it means causing a fight, though, you HAVE to do something about it soon.

I have never seen Copperbands nip anything but worms- they are anti-featherduster submarines.

Scataphagous Argus is a much safer bet. Ive seen them eat everything even aiptasia. I have pepermints in 10 gals with CBS and never have issues... I fail to see what the big fear is. ???

Archived