Pod Your Reef

This Acro is growing funky

MakoMan36

This acro got the most flow out of all the acros ,some branches are growing like crazy over 1inch in 3months .there is white cotton like tissue at the bottom of the growing branch. all the short branch did not grow at all .

More than likely you lost the terminal/axial polyps (either they differentiated in response to some stimuli or there was some damage). You can tell when you look at the tank at night....I bet those long sections have a terminal polyp that is super extended, where as the shorter sections have polyps that resemble the rest of the coral.

i've edited my own response....all above responses were meant as jokes...YOUR MAMA!!! but then you occasionally get stepchildren in the conversion between two adults, who in someway need some type of attention....i've decided to refrain from any bashing of the ignorance of this vanilla ice wanna be....

redparrotbubbles85

It could be a parasite in the coral causing those branches to grow uncontrollably. i hve also read that corals can get tumors on them causing excessive growth. havent seen pics of the tumors so i can not clarify if that is what is wrong.

Archived