Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ALife @ 8 Months! PICTURES!!!

SD619

Hello everyone! Here are some pictures of my nano reef at 8 months old. It was started on February 22, 2002. It has come a long way since then after going through a few aquascaping changes and a long move.

The tank is an ALife 5 gallon with overflow all-in-one system. It came with a 27watt daylight/actinic combo bulb, but that has burned out. I replaced the original bulb with a less powerful 18watt daylight/actinic combo about 3 months ago, and it's been working just fine since then. I also replaced the original return pump from the overflow with a RIO90 and put the original pump in the back-bottom-right corner of the main tank.

The tank houses all the corals shown below along with a 2-inch peacock mantis shrimp. It is very hard to get a picture of the shrimp, but I'll keep trying to get one so you can all see him. He occassionally likes to come out of his caves and grab floating Formula 1 bits from the surface.

Well, enough writing...

Here are the pictures:

Full Tank Shot

Thanks for the compliment =).

Circulation for the tank is stated above in the first post.

As for the Xenia, I've had it for about 4 weeks now and it has since tripled in size. I've just been dosing my tank with BIONIC. I'm hoping for it to start propagating onto the surrounding rocks.

Archived