inTank Media Baskets

YAY!!! Finally got my first coral!

StinaUIUC

I've been looking around for about a month now for inexpensive corals and got lucky today! The lfs had a little (1/2"-3/4") lone shroom sitting at the bottom of one of thier tanks! I asked if they would sell it and for how much and it was 4.95...plus they are having a 20% off sale on all marine inverts this weekend! So now I have me a cute little light green shroom! :)

Alrighty...got a semi-decent pic...little guy is so tiny and I don't have a really great camera...so this is the best I could do...when I cropped I included one of my little bitty feather dusters too...just cause they're cute :) Anyway...the shroom has been in the tank for less than 12 hours, and most of that time the lights have been out...I turned the light on for a few just to snap a couple pics (I need to get a much better light than I have...) and he was kind of scrunched up and out a bit. Shortly after I first stuck him in he was actually pretty well spread out. He was not attached to anything..and isn't attached to the rock he's on in my tank...he just happened to fall into a little crevice while I was trying to get him out and I decided it was a good place for him and left him there :)

lol...I'm not a guy! :) hehe You can't make out the pic?...its a pretty good photo... the line down the middle is because there is a bend in the acrylic (it is a 2 gallon hex tank)...the feather duster is on the bottom right and the shroom is at the top left...although it is hard to make out much detail on him. I'm located in Champaign-Urbana Illinois (University of Illinois :) )....not many choices as far as reef stuff goes around here...

It very well may be a little bleached...he was down at the bottom of the tank under a large rock that pretty much completely shaded him. He's not completely bleach...you can see that there is green on him in the pic.

its a little hard to tell from the picture, but I think you got something bette than you think. Thats not just a shroom, thats a florida ricordia. They go $8-$10 a polyp in FL. I've herd they can go for as much as $15 a polyp in other states.

Congrats on the find. Keep your water parameters good and he should recover just fine. Maybe try to feed it in a week or 2.

Archived