inTank Media Baskets

Removing Nano Cube hood

recoverym

Does any one know the steps to take to remove the Nano Cube top? I need to remove it to change the stock pump to MJ 606 pump. Problem is no way to slip power cord in or out of hood. It looks the "hinges" are set permanantly and will break if I force it. Any help will be greatly apreciated. Thank you.

the hood must be tilted all the way back to remove. the hinge on the hood part is slotted and wont remove without breakage. once tilted back it will slip right out.

• 1 month later...

Are you guys talking about the 12 or 24 nano? Trying to figure out how to remove mine, but it looks like I'll have to break some plastic to remove it. I see no way for the lid to slide out otherwise.

no problem Gil,

I am waiting IMPATIENTLY to get home from this business trip so I can start my tank up. Hopefully, TBS (Tampa Bay Saltwater) is diving now so, I can get my Liverock by next Friday since I get home Thursday Night :) I HOPE, I HOPE.

I am wanting to get the party started w/ cycling the thing so, I can catchup w/ TIGAHBOY and Crew.. .LOL

Have a great day!

Tom

I have the 12g and used the straight forward method. Yes, the hood had to be removed as the cord for pump would not slide through lid and tank gap where cord comes out back through lid cutout for cord. Whewww..... there just was not enough room for cord to slip out. I want to thank you all for your input. As soon as I figure out the best camera to buy to take pics @ a reasonable price, I will post pics of my tank setup.

• 6 months later...

To remove the original hood, you must keep the canopy flat (closed) and apply firm pressure, pulling towards the front of the tank.

ONe by one, the hinges will "release"

Chris

I've been pulling at this thing and I can't get it lose.

How does it release, there's n shaped thing attached to the black trim. inside that n there's a bar which is attached to the hood.

Where does it come apart? Is it the Bar that releases?

• 2 months later...

i am trying.. but there are plastic pieces in front of the part that should be popping out of the hinge.. any ideas?

or is htis the case with all and with enough force it breaks the small piece of plastic?

Archived