Pod Your Reef

Broken fin on clown?

drg0nzo1

I have a really small True perc. And yesterday i noticed one of his fins was not moving, I've only had him for about 2 weeks and he was totally fine until then. When he turned around I noticed a small spot of blood at the very front of the fin. He is eating like normal and his body functions seem well. He does look to be breathing a little bit heavier than normal. but today the fin looks worse...it now has a small amount of blood that has extended it and a slight hint of red on the backside of the fin. I scooped him out and i don't see any parasite on him or anything. So my question is...could he have broken it? He is very small so i think it is possible that he could have got it sucked a bit into one of the powerfilters. And if they do break their fin how long will it take to heal? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Well it looks like it was my Psuedochromis attacking him...i don't know why its a 29 gallon and the clown dosn't even go near where the psuedo hangs out....=/

It really sucks because i succesfully got a maroon and a perc to tolerate...not just tolerate but hang out together and the Maroon likes him...but he won't protect him against the psuedo.. :(

Archived