Innovative Marine Aquariums

stupid purple lobster

Crakeur

So, the purple lobster that someone pawned off on me has decided to redecorate my tank on a daily basis. I move stuff, it moves stuff back. In the process, it has destroyed several different shroom and polyp colonies. Gone are my purple shrooms, red shrooms, green shrooms, some kind of bizarre giant hard mushrooms and one of my two gsp colonies. Draging things across the polyps, pinching the shrooms etc. has taken it's toll.

Sadly, the gorgonias that I was going to bring this sunday have taken a beating. Might still have one, if it doesn't get worse. Also gone, one of my three montipora frags, the biggest and nicest one. Lastly, Satch, you won't like this one. The ricordia that I was holding for you has either died or been buried in regions unattainable by my oversized hands. I do have one out in the open and, if it isn't attached to my rock, I will be bringing that for ya.

Now, if I could only snag the lobster, I would be bringing that along as well.

printerdown01

I have heard of lobsters and pistols being a pain but never ANYTHING like this! I say lobster scampi (too small to have tail) is sounding like a good idea right now. Feel bad for you, cause he woud have made a striking addition to the tank! This is how I felt with my damn zebra hermit... I found that guy a new home as fast as I could!!

unfortunately, I am sort of attached to the little bugger. He is purple and orange and a real pretty site. He leaves my fish alone and only comes out at night and when I feed the tank. Alas, if he keeps redecorating, I will be forced to have a small snack.

Crakeur pointed out why PROPER captive reef husbandry is important BEFORE you add anything.

So, the purple lobster that someone pawned off on me has decided to redecorate my tank on a daily basis.  I move stuff, it moves stuff back.  In the process, it has destroyed several different shroom and polyp colonies.  Gone are my ...the lill bast'rd has taken it's toll.

Now, if I could only snag the lobster, I would be bringing that along as well.

HAHAHAHA HE CALED THE LOBSTER STUPID !

thats my job...

Stupid.

:D

get rid of it.... I have a trigger that would love to meet him.

Yummy...

Archived