Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Hair Algae I think

captain19365

Hello All!

I have recently become a new nano enthusiast and think I have something bad going on in my 12g nano cube DX. A few weeks ago, I purchased "Solomon" LR from thatfishplace.com and continued through the brown diatom stage. Around the same time, I began to see feather like algae/plants, grow on the aquarium glass... then all over the live rock.

I have done some exhausting research and think that it is Bryopsis... I did try to take a pic, but my dig camera kinda sux. Has anyone seen this in their tank????? had the same problem????? ???

If it is hair algae, there are a few ways to deal with it,

Actualy, do a search on hair algae, here and on RC, you'll find a pic somewhere, compair it to whats going on in your tank. That will have how to deal with it.

PS if your using Ocenanic salt, I am more than 100% willing to bet that its hair algae.

Orcutt Aquarium

If its is hair algae one of the best ways to get ride of it is of course is get fish such as a foxface rabbit of tangs. The other way is to use a produce called Stop Hair Algae. It works 100%. I've used it on several of my customers tanks and works very well. Of course you can't use too much at once. It's very easy to use and I recomend it..

Lenny

Thanks guys,,,,, I have gone up to Reef Central.... and they are saying to let the tank cycle then, pull the stuff out.... any thoughts??????

Archived