Cultivated Reef

Pixtaker's New 105w 12g DX

Pixtaker

Hi all! I got my 105w (92w show, 13w fuge) 12g DX in from Chris at nanocustoms.com in on monday. I've got about 15 pounds of LS and 17 pounds of LR in it currently. I also have about 4 pounds of LR rubble in chambers 2 & 3.

The nanocustoms.com model is the Larnie Signature + a 13w refugium light.

Any opinions on the aquascaping is appreciated. I've found that 'scaping a nano is MUCH more difficult that it is on a larger tank!

tank_full_21105.jpg

Full Tank Shot

cave_rock_21105.jpg

Nice Little Cave Rock

tank_alt_21105.jpg

Alt Shot of the LR

You can't really tell from the pictures but the large rock bridging the sides has several levels where I will be able to place corals.

Let me know what you think! If it's horrible I'll try to rework it!

Pix

Not bad.

Try takeing the left side of the large top peice and pushing it into the sand. Then push the other two sides agaisnt it. Hopefully it end up looking like one big peice of rock.

I always try to get the one huge peice of bad ass live rock look in my tanks. You got some good rock, so it shouldn't be too hard.

You know, if that's what you're into too.

OK here's another attempt at aquascaping my 12g Nano Cube. Input welcomed!

Full Tank Shot

tank_full_new_21105.jpg

Angled shot to see into the new "canyon"

tank_full_new2_21105.jpg

One More

tank_full_new3_21105.jpg

With this design I have more room to place corals up high, but not quite as many nooks & crannies to place them lower.

Let me know what you think!

A shot from the right side. The rock in the front has a nice cave that exits into the open area between the first and second rock...nice little passageway for future inhabitants.

tank_new_side_21105.jpg

Hey Pix,

Congratulations on your new cube! You know what, I liked your first rock setup best... But both have great potential and leave plenty of space for your coral and the rock they will be attached to. Your live rock pieces have great texture and character.

Have you been able to monitor your tank's temperature? Obviously, there is a balance between intense lighting and heat management. I think that you have configured a pretty smart combination.

Archived