Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Some pics from the 10g...

Undertheradar

Undertheradar

Theres more for today, and a full tank pic in the end...thought you guys would want to see more individual pics like my blue tortuosa and the like...

ReeferMo,

I use an eheim 1250 as the sump return (I would say it does about 250gph at 3' head), and I use two Maxi-Jets, one a 900, and a 1200, on a natural-wave timer. Yeah, I got lots of flow.

One of the reasons I am posting these pics is because next week I should be getting my new tank...a custom 30breeder from AGA. Overflow hole, double 3/4" return holes, and black silicone. This tank is too crowded and needs to be split up. I dont have any more room in my 60g either (Its all full coral heads and my blue carpet anemone), or it would get some too. So my plan for the future is to put all my SPS & Clams in the 30B with the 250wattMH and run it Berlin Style with a Kalk + Ca reactor. The 10g will get back the 70wattMH and become a softie/polyp/LPS tank and refuge for all the smaller, more delicate inverts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Undertheradar

Those cobalt blue shrooms sure dont like my 250wattMH...the reason I show this is because this rock had two of these shrooms on it in December...the intense light makes them move around and split like mad. Same for the rics. I think all the baby rics have floated to the back of the tank under some rock and started a nice "semi-shaded" colony.

Undertheradar

This pavona is getting inspected by another one of the banded hermits. I have all 3 kinds...the haloween, electric blue, and zebra. This one looks the best...

This is all in a ten gallon! Geez...thats pretty incredible, your SPS looks great. In all seriousness though, you've got some people jonesin' for the full tank shot, lol.

Undertheradar

Well, I have to go and take some pics tonight...posting all these finally makes me realize all the things I dont have recent/good photos of. I dont even have a recent full tank photo to show...well, heres some of my rainbow colored milli...it is usually pink tipped & blue...but its always changing...now its pink with a aquamarine base. Its just odd.

Undertheradar

Sorry, I ended up working on the tank tonight to get it photo ready...had to change the phosban reactor...had some skimmer problems (making another skimmer out of 6" PVC). I have off tomorrow to get some of these things done...including taking pics.

qualudethunder

Awesome...

Youve demonstrated that it is possible to have a ton of stuff and still keep it very natural looking(not easy to do). Alot of people try to do this but end up with a glorified frag tank instead. Very very cool. Are you mounting rock to your glass? If so how are you doing it?

Undertheradar

I cut 1/8" plexi into 1" strips...then I get out the propane torch and bend them into hangers. Not so natural, but what started out as a little frag tank has become packed. I have some corals starting to war...mostly millipora and caps...but some nights that galaxea gets pretty long...luckily it doesnt seem to sting much. You can see why I am making a 30breeder my new frag/nano tank. This one will become all xenia, zoos, LPS, shroom, GSP, and softies. After that, who knows...Im sure I will end up stuffing the 30 before long. Im looking into a 72"x24"x12"h frag tank. Long, wide, and shallow, but only about 70gallons and able to be lit by two 250watt pendants.

So far I have in there...

Green Slimer

Green w/ Purple Polyp Cap

Green Milli

Green Digi

Tri-color Aspera

Purple Milli

Purple digi

Blue/Rainbow Milli

Blue Turtuosa

Orange Whorling Cap

Orange digi

Red Milli

Teal/Greenish Milli

GSP

Cobalt Shrooms

Blue Rics

Blue Zoos

Green rim w/ orange center zoos

Red/orange zoos

Lime green zoos

Maroon rim w/ green center zoos

Pink Zoos

5 crocea clams

Pink birdsnest

Blood red acro w/ green polyps

Red Lobophyllia

Clove polyps

Yellow porites

Green Pavona

Pom Pom Pink Xenia

Silver Xenia

...I think thats it right now...

On the way as soon as I get the 30breeder up...

PPE

Tri-color Valida

an even greener digi

blood red zoos

orange/pink rics

green rics

blue milli

encrusting monti

Giant Fiji Xenia

Red Rea White Xenia

Blue poscillipora

Undertheradar

I use my auto-top-off to feed a kalk reactor.

I also use a refugium (a 10gallon sump) with some miracle mud mixed in, and I use one of my skimmers 24/7. I also have a Phosban reactor running with phosguard and corbon mixed. The refugium has wire macro, mexicana, razor, cup, red feather, and some other varieties I dont know what type. It is kept clean with a tuxedo urchin, a cerith, and some bumblebee snails. It also contains some purple shrooms, sand polyps, and fuxxy shrooms for nitrate removal...and it lit from 11pm to 8am by a 36wattPC 10,000K.

Archived