Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Alternative PH for a seaclone

reefguru21

I was just wondering if there was a more powerul and or effective power head then a Maxi-jet 1200?

The flow rate seems to be going down the longer I us the seaclone. I know there not the best thing in the orld but until I get a couple hundred bucks I've got to make due with that I've got. Is there anyway to upgrade the power head on the skimmer? ???

I've swapped on a Rio 800 Venturi model a couple of times and it worked pretty well.

When you go get one, if you do, you need to ask for the Rio 800 Venturi. It is their skimmer model pump....it comes with a different assortment of air injection valves and stuff for venturi injection skimmers. The price should be the same as a regualr Rio 800.

If you do this the red injection valve that is attached to your current MJ1200 will not need to be used.

Cameron

Aquamedic

makes a "Needle Wheel" that rocks. I dont know if the pumps are to strong, but they work geat on some custom jobers I did.

OTTO 800's are a good reliable strong PH also. I have one running a seaclone at a customers house. It skims really well.

Generaly sea-clones are POS..... Id rather use a pool skimmer....

:happy: Ya have to modify the crap out of them.

Thanks guys I'll take a look a the aquamedic pump, first I've heard about them being used on big skimmers but nothing on small skimmers I hope there is though It would really put some more bubbles in my inner chamber so to speek. Also what is the difference in the SeaClone150 as aposed to the standard model?

I wonder what makes it better than the original? Anybody got one? If so howzit working?

The needle wheel does rock but an aquamedic pump might be too much for the seaclone. It's hard to say for sure but those seaclones don't like lots of flow....I think a Rio800 is close to max...

Cameron

Archived