Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clean up crew for 20gal

jackdp

Hey, just wondering if anyone has some suggestions for cleaner for my 20L. It is FOWLR right now but I may want to add coral etc. in the future. It just finished cycling about 1 week ago and I've since gotten 3 astreas, 5(now 4) blue legs, and 1 emerald crab. They just aren't getting the job done, or should I give them some more time? Just curious...thx for any info.

I have about a dozen or so Asreas in my 20h.

Mine is a new tanka s well and I found that patience is the best cure for algae in a new tank. I went through a couple of algae blooms before things started to settle down. The worst (most upsetting) was the cyanobacteria bloom. There was purple slime everywhere. The all of a sudden it was gone.

Hang in there and get some more snails.

yeah, hang in there. your tank is still VERY new, and is still going through the normal algae cycle. I have about 15 hermits, 1 astrea, 3 different burrowing snails, 1 sea urchin, a cleaner shrimp, and a emerald. I used to have two peppermints also, but I no longer have them. These seem to get the job done for me, although a snail or two more wouldn't hurt. BTW, what types of lighting do you have? and what is your photoperiod, it is possible to correct this somewhat, but it is still going to take its course. Good luck and stay with it, be patient.

Brandon

My 20H has for a cleanup crew, 6 astreas, 2 turbos, 3 bumblebee, 3 nassaurius, 3 burrowing ceriths, and 2 queen conchs. 1 scarlet hermit. I could probably use a few more hermits. They are all doing well and if any algae shows up its not there for long. I think variety is the key.;)

Archived