SaltCritters.com

Need some help with ID of these

NanoNoob

I been looking at this piece of rock (Tonga I think, it looks like a stick) for months at my LFS. It have about 6 mushrooms of some kind and two other things that resemble shrooms or even some kind of polyps. I am pretty sure that do not move as they have been in the same spot month after month. No one in the store knew what they were but were willing to sell it to me for $35. Yesterday I went back and found a new guy working at the store. I was quite happy because he actually knew something about SW fish and actually has a 2 gallon nano set up on his desk (it looked really nice) upstairs in their employee office area. Unfortunately he did not know exactly what we are dealing with here but sold it to me for only $14.99. And to top it off I also scored a small dime sized frag of star polyps (I sont think they will be green) and some kind of zoo lookin cluster....for free. Well any way, does any one know what these things are?

12447shroom2-med.jpg

12447shroom1-med.jpg

12447Shroom-med.jpg

Oops, forgot to ask about the shroom. What kind of shroom is that in the first pic? Its blue and green colored and very bumpy.

Thanks to all...in advance

in the first pic those are nuisance anemones(tulip, majano, etc. is the common name). as for the mushroom, a better pic would be helpful on id.

how quickly do they multiply? This piece has been in the LFS for a few months. These things (there are two, one is about half the size of the other) have been in the exact same spot and are still in the same spot after two days in my tank. The small one was closed up like a little polyp (small Zoo Clusters maybe) last night and the other stayed open. If they are anemones, would they move. My RBTA has been in the same spot for a long time but he shifts around a little and shows signs of activity. These thing do not. They just sit there. They are flat like a large zoo is with these tenticles around the outside. None in the center area which is dime size or so on the large one. Any other ideas.......I really dont want to be something BAD :(

Archived