Top Shelf Aquatics

moonstone vs. ricordia

Korbin

Well, I just got a new moonstone brain coral and placed it too close to my orange ricordia. They're about 2.5 inches apart, and last night I noticed some short sweepers coming from the moonstone and didn't think anything of it. This morning the ricordia was all curled up. At noon today its still not open, and seems to be moving around and changing shape a lot, like its in pain. X)

That ricordia is one of my favorite corals. Does anybody know what its chances of survival are? How long do moonstone sweepers get??

i've heard 6" or so. ??? maybe you can just switch places so that the ricordia is upstream vs. downstream from the moon. it should be fine as long as it isn't stung much more but definitely move it or the moon. :o

printerdown01

It will be fine, so long as you move the ricordia AWAY from the sweepers. If you keep it there it will have no chance of survival! Why not move the ricordia up to the rock work? I would place the moonstone so that it is towards the corner and as far "down current" as you can get. This way you avoid other potential problems.

Archived