Pod Your Reef

12 gallon Coral Garden

ImAnanoReefer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you first put in your green hairy mushroom did it take awhile to acclimate? I just got one yesterday and it spit out white stuff and shrank up quite a bit. any advice you can give me?

fishykid9212

hey Im a nano reefer I see in one of your pictures you got bioballs in the back I would take those out and if you have the ceramic rings take those out to

• 2 weeks later...
ImAnanoReefer

:D I'm back! :D

I've been really really busy lately so the little bit of nano-reef.com that I have had time for has been spent browsing pics instead of posting. Thank you for all the comments!

davinaster - Thanks for the suggestion, I liked the sound of the fish, but I really want a super tiny fish, as I am trying to keep bio-load as low as possible since I am still ranew at this hobby.

Reefwick - My mushroom accl;imitated fairly quickly if I remember correctly. Howerver it oves to shrivel up and spit stuff out if I disturb it in any way. Even if I barely bump it. It also sends out short-white sweeper like tentacles when it is is disturbed or i do a water change, but they seem to go away fiarly quickly once I leave the tank alone for a bit. I can get a pic for you if you would like.

fishykid - thanks for the tip, I did some research and found that its a great idea to take them out as you suggested. I also found a whole nano-cube thread... maybe this post should be in there! oh well...

EGORDOINAVW - thanks, wait till I post sum new pics with my new zoathids! hee hee

Thanks to everyone who visited and commented on my thread!!!

Test your alkalinity and calcium. A drop in pH usually means that your alkalinity and/or calcium may drop also. You could also add a little pH buffer to your water change water (make sure you follow the instructions carefully otherwise if you use to much it could form a white precipitate on every thing that is really hard to get off).

ImAnanoReefer

Hey, heres my pic update! I got lots of zoanthids, and I fragged most of the colonies into 2-3 frags, so if you see something you would like to buy or trade for, feel free to make an offer!

it weirds me out how a sarcophyton looks like a tongue. eeugh yuckie eugh :P

don't you love the little nassarius snails! they're so cute going in and out of the sand and sticking out their little antennas. lol

ImAnanoReefer

*Picture Updates*

Front View (actinic) -

Actinic_Front.JPG

Top View -

Top_View.JPG

Side View -

Side_View_A.JPG

Mossy Peacock Zoanthid -

Mossy_Peacock_Zoanthid.JPG

Alien Eye Proto-Palyothoa (Rare) -

Rare_ZOO_Zoanthid_Alien_Eye_PPE_COLONY_a.JPG

My pink zoanthids with a red ring turned brown under my lights :*(

Should_be_pinks....JPG

My blue zoanthids turned orange, too! :*( I really need some better lighting!!! Check out the Long GSP frag in the back too!

Color_Change_Zoanthids.JPG

Grand Finale -

(A blue bumpy mushroom, baby hairy shroom from the large hairy, Sunflower zoanthid, brown palyothoa, sexy shrimp, and cactus algae. All in one oversized pic!)

Blue_Bumpy_Shroom.JPG

ImAnanoReefer

umm, dangit, now i have to put effort into finding that out rather than staring at my tank all night...

hee hee!

ImAnanoReefer

yea, just zoanthids and mushrooms and other softies though. I have a light upgrade in the plans for a future money splurge. But i dont know exactly what I am gunna do yet.

Archived