inTank Media Baskets

Pipe Organ slowly dying

Jeffyer

About a month ago, I purchased a pipe organ (tubipora musica). I seemed to be doing fine for about 3 weeks, but over the past week, fewer and fewer polyps are opening up. I tested the water, and all perameters are normal. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jenniebutterfly

mine did this too till there were only 2 polyps left. it has just regrown a new one. i don't know if it is normal, but you are not alone :) jen

What kind of lighting do you have? From what I've learned, they need fairly strong light. I'm using a 32 watt power compact. I'm starting to think that may be the problem.

jenniebutterfly

i have mine under compact fluorescents, it is making a comeback though. also i bought mine at an unreliable lfs, learned the hardway lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i've kept a few pipe organs under 80 watt pc in a 15 high, they usually need higher light, kinda depends on the color, whether you have the flourescent green or a white. the green one i have now i keep about 4 inches under my light, it doesn't help that the store i got it from had it under mh, just my experiences

i forgot to ask, are you feeding it at all, once i started feeding liquid life's Bioplankton i started seeing better polyp expansion and color in my pipe organs

Archived