Coral Vue Hydros

yellow clown goby not eatting

Chyendra

two weeks ago i got a yellow clown goby, when i bought her i forgot to ask to see her eat ...

I fed my neon goby marine flake, that she eats like a champ, but I've never seen the yellow clown eat ANYTHING yet. She hides in the corner alot, but does come out quite often. I've never seen the neon pick on her at all, in fact they swim right next to each other somtimes with no issue whatsoever. She acts completely normal otherwise.

I bought some mysis shrimp to see if she'd eat that, but she doesn't even seem interested. He stomach is sunken in looking, and I'm afraid if she doesn't start eating soon i'm going to lose her.

I've tried feeding the flake/mysis at the same time as my DT's feeding, so maybe the smell would be inticeing... but she doesn't even care.

Any ideas? I'm really worried about her.

With mine I noticed that it would eat tiny amounts several times a day. I would feed the F1 pellets and flake food alternating with the filters off so it would stay up longer. I would take the pellets and soak them so they would break into tiny pieces making it look like it was more then it was but was bite sized. With my turkey baster, I would put it over in his general area and would witness eating of one or two bites. With the flakes, I put them in the area and tapped them so that they would float down slowly, if I could keep the peps off long enough. I never witnessed mine eating mysis, but I wasn't looking for that either. You are right to be concerned about the sunken stomach as that isn't a good sign. Hopefully others can offer their experiences also so you can find something that works.

I got a green clown goby that looked pretty bad. He's been with me almost a month now and has fattened up. At first, he didn't seem to be eating but now I've seen him peck at brine flakes, formula 2 flakes, formula 1 pellets, freeze-dried plankton pieces, bloodworms and a wide variety of other things. They eat a lot but are shy. Guess the best I can do is say give it time and hope for the best. Maybe it will turn out like mine.

RN

Good news!!

tonight after the main lights went out, and only the actinics were on. I shut off the hob and ph, and fed the tank a mix of mysis and flake food. Cosette, The yellow clown goby, ate a few bites! She picked around a little bit and it looks like she's still looking for more!!

I'll keep you all updated, thanks for the help!

My clown goby didn't eat when I first introduced him either. The first thing he started eating was brine shrimp like a week after I got him, now he eats most anything, still doesn't like flakes or pellets very well. More brine, myosis, and my special frozen mix.

Archived