Innovative Marine Aquariums

How to ship xenia frags?

SUPERMAN 09

hmm, i would advise you not to ship xenia, for whatever reason they're poor shippers no matter how well you prep them for shipping. more often than not, they will arrive as a bag full of smelly gooey water.

if you absolutely have to ship it, package it as you would any other coral with styro/heatpacks, and keep it as insulated as you can. ship it via the fastest method possible and take ur chances from there. but i'll say it again, it'll be risky, and IF the receiver opens the box with bags full of slime, they're not going to be happy, and neither are you :P

tell the guy he's better off finding xenia locally.

Yeah, many online vendors don't offer a live delivery guarantee for Xenia for this reason. Many times they get really freaked out by just switching tanks. Think of how they'll react to sitting in an unheated aircraft cargo hold for 4-6 hrs in this weather if you overnight them, even with heater packs. Then they'll sit in a cold truck for at least a few hours. Then acclimation...

when i have had xenia shipped to me it usually is atached to a rock and that rock is either embeded or surrounded by a few good size piecies of styrofoam. that keeps the the xneia undewrwater no mnatter what way the bag is turned Just be surte you have ample water in the bag.

I had blue xenia shipped to me and to my surprised it was ship almost dry. Not much water at all and no heat pack or anything. But If it were me I would rubber band the rock with the xenia on it to styro so it would say under water the whole time and put some heat packs in the box.

Archived