inTank Media Baskets

P vs P (Puffer vs Powerhead)

EclipseAgent

Well round one was pretty interesting. My puffer seemed to like kissing the intake part of the PH nothing went wrong just kinda cute (TIE)

Round Two. I put the intake cover over just leaving a small opening (causing a stronger intake pull) The puffer immedietly went to kiss it again and BAMM his mouth got stuck on the intake part and Mr.Puffer PUFFED (round goes to PH)

Round three (see round one)

Does anyone else have these battles with their puffers? Our little baby really seems to like it. Without the intake cover the powerhead no harm to the puffer or anyone/thing in the tank.

Why can anyone tell me WHY he does this?

I will have pics of my puffer (what seems to be making love) with the power head later this week when I get my camera in the mail.

The pics wont be of him stuck in the powerhead but of him VOLUNTARILLY sticking to the PH/Filter intake

sounds like he's hungry for some lovin'

but from what you've told me about that puffer, i put my money on the puffer "having his way" with the powerhead X)

HURRY UP AND GET THAT CAMERA :woot:

Originally posted by Dazed1

Its a 75 :)

And Ben, i told you not to get the puffer so soon :P

blah.

Yeah like dazed said it is a 75 gallon tall tank :)

He loves it in their along with the powerheads

hey,

I had this problem only once, and I thought my puffer was dead, couldn't figure out what pump in my tank was making the horrid noise when I woke up, and come to find out, mine was stuck head first in the intake. His lips got alittle scratched, and looked like he had lipstick on, but he was fine. Luckily he blew up, so when I unplugged it, I tapped him with the end of a net, he flew out, and just acted dazed. lol, nutcase of a fish. bet he won't swim into dark wholes anymore. I learned my lesson, my intake stays covered now.

Brandon

Archived