SaltCritters.com

Attacking clown

techabytes

Does anyone have fish that attack you when you put your hand in the water? My little common clownfish seriously attacks me everytime I do. Just rams his little mouth at me viciously over and over. He will leap out of the water to bite me.

Its rather distracting. He is nice to tankmates though, a great eater, and a really pretty perfect little specimen. I'm quite attached to the vicious little ######.

jenniebutterfly

my clown is the same way. when i stick my turkey baster in the water for feeding he rams it, and if i stick my fingers in he comes after me. i have had him for a little over a year and this just started about 1- 1/2 months ago. but when i do major work i wear aqua gloves, and he does not seem to want to mess with them, he stays away.

btw i am attached to mine too lol

yea mine actualy did a little carpet surfin when he over shot my hand and jumped out of the tank. I picked it up put it back into the tank and not 1 min later it was bite'n me again.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine attacks my hand if i put it in on the right side of the cube (he "hosts" the sandbed in that corner) But if i put it in on the left side and move it to the right, he won't attack, kinda strange :)

My Ocellaris clownfish in my 5 gallon and my green chromis in the 10 gallon both are a little similar to that. If I stick my hand in, they flee. If I've only got the tips of my fingers in to work on something, they nip at my fingers constantly. It tickles.

RN

• 2 months later...

I have 2 that all of a sudden descided they wiil attack anything that moves and doesnt live their. i was cleaning the tank yesterday and both of them grabbed my hand. one then the other. they also hate the magna float. i have to be carefull when i clean the glass because everytime it moves they attack it. My wife thinks its funny but is now afraid to stick her hand in.

Archived