Innovative Marine Aquariums

2nd Firefish

bowfront26

I am thinking about adding a second purple firefish to the gang. Anyone out there keep a pair of firefish together. Any fighting? The original firefish has been in there for several months now will this be a problem introducing the second.

Should I rethink this or is it a go. I do not want to lose this fish, beautiful and wonderful personality.

I've had a red and purple together. They act as though they don't see each other. I've noticed that the purple is more aggressive because it chased chromis around when they get near him. The red firefish doesn't care about the chromis, they actually swim together sometime. See my gallery.

I would think two purple ones will fight. Two red ones might fight. Purple is more aggresive than red ones.

Unfortunately, my purple one had flatworms which later infected the red one and they both died. I'm still mad at that.

I think fighting depends on what gender you get. If you end up with a male and female then they will tolerate each other but if you get the same sex together then thats when the fighting occurs

Archived