Innovative Marine Aquariums

Any1 with cleaner shrimps read

tufty711

Mine did it the day after I got it. I saw it floating on top and thought I killed the little bugger... turns out they are quite invincible. These guys have no fear, he eats right out of my hand.

:woot:

• 2 weeks later...

I have read that they will sometimes eat their own molted shell. I have also read that it is fine to leave it in the tank, although I get most of my shrimp's out if I happen to notice a shell floating around. Mainly just to keep it out of filtration.

BustytheSnowMaam

They don't have a backbone or internal skeleton, so when they outgrow their outer skeleton they need to shed it. Kind of like when kids outgrow their clothes, they need new.

Tasha

thats normal. shrimps do that (molt).

everthing happens for a reason. even...ehmmm... "######ting". some jerk here said "###### just happens".

NO. things happen for a reason (waste disposal is result of food material not digested. much like brain corals dying for a reason too...maybe bad water, bad specimen or bad reefer).

for the thinking mind there is always a reason and rationality. so shrimp molt for growth and part of their skin shedding process.

• 3 weeks later...

My Skunk cleaner hasn't molted since I got him about 2 months ago. Should I be worried:o

After reading this thread it makes me wonder. I feed him krill every couple days and the rest of the time he has plenty of food from when I feed the fish. He is really cool. Eats right from my hand.

my coral banded shrimp molted twice in one week. I have since named him godzilla. I've taken him off the steroids before he came out of the tank and took over

Archived