inTank Media Baskets

Rhodactis fragging?

shanebeall

Would it be safe to attach Rhodactis spp. frags to rubble using superglue, or just wait for them to attach on their own? I'd prefer to do superglue (quickest method), but I wouldn't want to do anything that would cause problems for the mushroom itself. Any suggestions?

Rhodactis are hardy and the superglue wont hurt it. Its better though to get a small container and put a piece of rubble in there or crushed coral and set the mushroom on top of that. Put it in a low flow and somewhat shaded area and in about a week or 2 is should attach itself.

The actual fragging portion doesnt matter much since you can cut a large sized rhodactis into about 4 sections and have each one do well. If you want more info go to www.garf.org and they have videos etc on how to frag it.

I've fragged them in that past, and maybe it's just the species I'm working with, but leaving them on rubble in a low flow area...it took close to five weeks for them to attach.

I fragged today and superglued one piece onto some rubble, I'm hoping that it'll do okay and I'll be able to do the rest later this week. I'll post again once I know how it works.

jenniebutterfly

yep i have one that keeps doing that, i set him on a large rock and now he seems to be doing ok, but he escaped and floated quite a few times over the past 2 months :)

The mushroom I'm fragging...it seems, even if I put him in a low light area, he wants to be in complete darkness. I lost a frag last time, and now I've found it growing out from underneath one of my pieces of rock. I don't normally put my frags in complete darkness, but these mushrooms seem to run for it.

Archived